Saturday, September 20, 2008

FOOTPRINTS

"Walk a little slower daddy," said a child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would wan to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."

_______________________________________

How can any parent walk away from their child. To me this is unfathomable, as I gave birth to this being, that relies on me for food, clean clothes, and basically survival.

How can a man walk away and give no support, no care if his child is hungry, or dressed, or has a roof over his head, and still continue to populate this world.

My child is my life, and however hard I have to stuggle to give my child the best that I can, I fight each and every day. I fight to live in a house with my parents, so that my child has a good house to live in , in a good neighbourhood, not in some ghetto neighbourhood where he can learn to get into trouble. I fight to go to work every day in hopes that one day I will make enough money to live comfortably in a house of my own.

It hurts me so bad to know that my own father is sick, and I cannot get a letter from my sons father so that I can see my father... not knowing when he is going to move on to another life, but yet he never sees his son, or calls him, or gives money for him, but can yet bring another child into this world.

What happened to parenting... and raising our children right? We are their example... what kind of example are we setting for them?

No comments: