Saturday, September 20, 2008

I thought that the Customer was ALWAYS right!

So for the past 3 months ... I have been battling with CS (Customer Service) or should I say the lack of CS that exists in this world.

I remember growing up, and every job I ever had was always telling you to "Focus on the Customer", the "Customer is ALWAYS Right" and regardless of how stupid the complaint... you apologize and make the customer feel appreciated. I guess the companies now are too fixated on the almighty dollar and not the customer that helps them pay their bills and their employees!

Now I am a pretty stubborn customer. I went through most of my life, just letting things be, getting walked on by stores, and bad employees... then when I had my son, it felt like I had to fight the injustices because if I didn't - who would! I still boycott the gas station that filled my gas tank when I only asked for $10 and it was the day before payday (and I was broke)... the shoe store that fired me for dating the Assistant Manager... and now I boycott Petro Canada because I just had a $150 car wash! As a single mother... that is my sons food and diapers for 1 week!

We will see my opinions on Signature Vacations this week, after I deal with their CS rep. I just wish that the good old days when the Customer was Right would come back!

No comments: